Tommy's Margarita cocktail is a popular variation to the classic margarita that calls for more tequila, no triple sec, and agave syrup as its sweetener. It's also served in a rocks glass over ice.
Serve in a Rock’s glass
- 2 shots 100% agave blanco tequila
- 1 shot fresh lime juice
- 1/2 shot agave syrup
- Half salt rim for garnish
Garnish: 1 lime wedge
Tools & Equipment
How to Make
- Rim half of the glass with salt first.
- Add the other ingredients to your shaker.
- Shake hard for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled rock’s glass.
- Add the garnish.
he Tommy’s Margarita is a classic cocktail that was created at Tommy’s Mexican Restaurant in San Francisco, California in the late 1960’s.
A Tommy’s Margarita is very similar to a traditional margarita except for one interesting change. While a traditional margarita is made with tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur, the Tommy’s Margarita replaces the orange liqueur for agave nectar. This small change makes the Tommy’s Margarita a bit sweeter than the traditional version.