Wildfire Cocktail Reicpe
Serve in a Coupe Glass
- 1 1/2 oz (45ml) Pisco
- 1/2 oz (15ml) Strega
- 1 bar spoon of Creme de Violette*
- 1/4 oz (7.5ml) Absinthe
- 1/2 oz (15ml) lemon juice
- 1 oz (30ml) fresh pineapple juice
- 1/2 egg white
Garnish: 3 drops of bitters shaped into hearts
How to Make
- Dry shake (no ice) the pisco, strega, lemon, pineapple and egg white.
- Add ice and the barspoon of creme de violette.
- Shake hard for another 10-15 seconds.
- Double strain into a coupe glass.
- Light the 1/4 oz Absinthe in a jigger (PRO tip: when using matches, wait until the sulfur has burned off before you use it.)
- Slowly float/pour it over the top.
Inspired by the green fire from the Game of Thrones. That’s basically the whole premise of this here craft cocktail. Oh what’s that? where’s the green fire? Funny you should ask that, friend. In short: That’s just not gonna happen in an edible way tonight. Booze burns a lovely blue, regardless of the color of the actual liquor. Here I’ve set some absinthe with a bright green hue on fire but mainly because a) it’s 110 proof and that stuff will basically burn a hole in you anyway. b) as I mentioned, this specific brand has a rad color. c) it pairs well with the flavors in the drink which yeah, I guess is important if I’m writing up a recipe around it.
In looking for a drink that had some element of green liquor on fire, I found the “Old Flame” from the excellent PDT cocktail book which I then used as a guide moving forward. Here we subbed the gin for pisco, the Chartreuse for Strega and added some absinthe which FYI, pairs great with pineapple. Fresh pineapple. Not that shit out of a Dole can. You’ve been warned.