5/5 (1 Review)
The Sazerac cocktail is arguably the most popular absinthe cocktail in the world, even though very little is used in it. Somewhat similar to the Old Fashioned, it's a classic that every cocktail enthusiast should know.
Serve in a Rocks or Cocktail glass.
- Absinthe to rinse
- 1 oz (30ml) Rye Whiskey
- 1 oz (30ml) Cognac
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1/4 oz (7.5ml) simple syrup
- 1/4 oz (7.5ml) chilled water
Garnish with a lemon peel (discarded).
How to Make:
- Rinse a chilled rocks or cocktail glass with absinthe, then discard the absinthe and leave to sit.
- In your shaking vessel, add the rye whiskey, cognac, Peychaud’s bitters, Angostura bitters, simple syrup and chilled water, and shake hard over ice for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Fine strain the mix into your absinthe-rinsed glass.
- Twist your lemon peel garnish over the drink, then discard.