Pins & Needles Cocktail Recipe
The Pins & Needles cocktails is a classic gin recipe that you really smell while you’re making it. In the best of ways, Braulio has a great pine smell to it that is reinforced by the Zirbenz without losing any of its inviting aroma and without it smelling like you just wrestled a Christmas tree.
Serve in a Highball Glass
- 2 oz St. George Terroir gin
- 1 oz Braulio amaro
- 1/2 oz Zirbenz stone pine liqueur
- 3/4 oz Small Hand Foods pineapple gomme
- 1/2 oz fresh lime juice
Garnish: Lime wheel & Rosemary Sprig
How to Make
- Add all ingredients in your shaker, but trying to look real cool when you do it.
- Add ice and shake hard and fast.
- Take a collins glass and top up with cubed ice.
- Strain into the glass, garnishing with a lime wheel, rosemary sprig & straw to complete this gin cocktail.
The idea here with the Pins & Needles Cocktail is to make something tiki-ish, for the weather with spirits that reminded me of “being left for dead in a prickly pine forrest in the dead of winter”. Warm thoughts indeed. The pineapple gomme made sense to me as those edible grenades are just as prickly but finding the balance took a few tries with this Pins & Needles Cocktail. In fact it took me so long to get it right that it’s now mid-January.