Pillar of Autumn
Serve in a Coupe Glass
- 1 oz bourbon whiskey (Berkshire Mountain Distillers)
- 1 oz Applejack (bonded if you roll like that)
- 1/2 Averna amaro
- 3/4 oz lime juice
- 2 dashes cedar cherry bitters (Apothecary Bitters)
- 1/3 of McIntosh apple, peeled + small piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 barspoons of real maple syrup
Garnish: None needed
How to Make
- Take about 1/3rd of a peeled apple, chop it into smaller chunks and add to empty shaker.
- Add the peeled piece of ginger and muddle them together until you’ve extracted most of the juice.
- Add the lime juice, bitters, Averna, bourbon & Applejack to the shaker, along with the maple syrup.
- Fill shaker with ice and take it for a ride until chilled.
- Double strain into a chilled glass. No garnish needed.
A shaken drink with muddled apples & ginger, fresh lime juice that joins forces with the pressed juices, Averna amaro and cherry bitters to bring it depth and finally, Applejack and bourbon to give it strength.
Our Pillar of Autumn Cocktail is sweet and refreshing. Exactly what I’d want to drink in between those tasty stirred cocktails I’ve recommended you sip:
Initially I made this with Virgil Kane’s ginger-infused bourbon which is DELICIOUS and if you have the chance, definitely check them out, be it for this drink or simply to sip it on a leisurely walk at the park.
I wasn’t able to find enough of it around to make it the basis of this cocktail however, hence the muddled ginger.