Serve in a Large Old-Fashioned glass
- 1 1/2 shots scotch
- 1/2 shot peated scotch whiskey
- 1/2 shot ginger liqueur
- 1/2 shot honey syrup
- 3/4 shot fresh lemon juice
Garnish: 1 candied ginger stick
Tools & Equipment
How to Make
- Add all the ingredients to your shaker.
- Shake hard for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into an ice-filled large old-fashioned glass.
- Add the garnish.
The penicillin cocktail is a popular drink that was created and popularized by the famous bartender, Sam Ross. If the name sounds familiar, it is because Ross is also the inventor of popular cocktails such as the Paper Plane and the Amaretto Sour.
The penicillin cocktail was after the antibiotic penicillin because Islay single malt whisky is said to have a flavor reminiscent of penicillin.