Mint Julep Cocktail
Serve in a Julep Cup or Collins glass
- 8-12 fresh mint leaves
- 2 shots bourbon
- 3/4 shot simple syrup
Garnish: 2 mint sprigs
How to Make
- Clap the mint leaves in your hand then add them to your shaker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to your shaker.
- Shake hard for 10-15 seconds.
- Strain into a julep cup filled with crushed ice & lightly stir.
- Crown with crushed ice.
- Slap the mint sprigs on the side of your hand before adding them as a garnish.
The truth is, you won’t make many of these unless you’re a bartender in Kentucky. The mojito is far more popular everywhere else in the world. But because of it’s historical significance, it’s important to know about.