It’s likely that the Martinez cocktail evolved from the Manhattan and is the precursor to the dry martini cocktail. The main difference being that the Martinez is made with sweet vermouth and the martini is made with dry vermouth.
Serve in a Martini Glass
- 2 shots gin
- 1 shot sweet vermouth
- 1/4 shot maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
Garnish: 1 lemon twist
How to Make
- Add all the ingredients to your shaker.
- Shake hard for 10-15 seconds.
- Fine strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Add the garnish.
Note: When the martini was first created, it was also made with bitters & maraschino liqueur.