Drink Your Vegetables
Serve in a Coupe Glass
- 1.5 oz pisco
- 3/4 oz nigori sake
- 1 Dash of Peychaud’s Bitters
- 6 Drops of rhubarb bitters
- 3/4 oz radish Simple
- 1/2 oz lemon juice
Garnish: Small radishes
How to Make
- Pour all contents into a shaker and add ice.
- Shake it like you would a tanned European lover.
- Double strain into a chilled coupe.
- For the garnish (my favorite part this time around), take 2-3 small radishes, peel them, rub the leftover lemon on them and then dip them in some salt.
- If you have some funky salt, now would be the time to use it.
If you’re looking for a vegan-friendly way to spice up your night out, look no further than the Drink Your Veggies cocktail!
For the syrup, take equal parts water, sugar and chopped radishes (washed but not peeled). Boil. Then add a bit of red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. Simmer. Bottle unstained when cool.
What is a Vegan Cocktail?
There are many delicious vegan cocktails that you can enjoy without compromising your beliefs. A vegan cocktail is a beverage that contains no animal products whatsoever.
This includes milk, eggs, honey, and other ingredients that may be derived from animals. There are many delicious vegan cocktails to choose from, and you can find recipes for them online or in vegan cookbooks.
Why Add Veggies to Your Vegan Cocktail?
Adding vegetables to your vegan cocktail can be a fun way to get some extra nutrients while you’re enjoying a drink. Some of our favorites include cucumber, celery, and radishes.
These vegetables are all low in calories and high in fibre, so they’re the perfect addition to any drink.
Who Want More?
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Check out our top 25 cocktails that we recommended ALL bartenders know how to make.