Cotton Candy Cocktail
- 2 ounces Silver Tequila
- 1-ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1½ ounce Cream Soda (Vanilla flavored soda)
- ½ ounce Triple Sec (or a similar orange liqueur)
Garnish: Pink sugar for the rim (optional), pink cotton candy
How to Make
- Rim your margarita glass with lemon juice and pink sugar (optional).
- Add Tequila, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake well.
- Add the Cream Soda and gently stir.
- Fill the margarita glass ¾ of the way with cotton candy.
- Pour the drink over the cotton candy and stir to mix the drink. Do not fill the glass to the brim to ensure the cotton candy garnish (see step 6 below) does not dissolve by touching the beverage.
- Garnish your cocktail with a fluffed-up ball of cotton candy. Set the cotton candy on the rim of the glass, ensuring it doesn’t touch the liquid.
The Cotton Candy cocktail is vibrant, fun, and extremely versatile. It is the perfect drink for Girls’ Night, Bridal Showers, and Baby Showers.
Our recipe creates a strong cocktail. We use complementary ingredients to accentuate the tequila flavors instead of drowning them in overly sweet syrups. If you find the tequila flavors too potent, experiment with the ratios by going a little heavier on the Triple Sec and lemon juice.
Cotton Candy Cocktail Variations
There are tons of variations to our Cotton Candy cocktail recipe. Here are some of the best variations.
Turn the tequila-based Cotton Candy Margarita into a Cotton Candy Vodka Martini by switching your Margarita glass to a Martini one and substituting the Silver Tequila with Strawberry, Vanilla, or Marshmallow-flavored Vodka.
- Strawberry Vodka is a pretty pink Vodka with an ultra-smooth texture and naturally sweet, fruity flavors.
- Vanilla Vodka lends distinct vanilla flavors with butterscotch and dark chocolate notes.
- Marshmallow Vodka is sweet with an intense flavor that resembles campfire s’mores with vanilla and caramel notes followed by heat from the vodka.
If you’re using plain vodka, ensure you add a pump of strawberry-flavored simple syrup.
You can replace the Triple Sec with Blue Curacao and use blue cotton candy as a garnish for a blue Cotton Candy cocktail. Creating pink and blue Cotton Candy Cocktails is perfect for fun gender reveal parties.
Homemade Cream Soda
If you want to really impress your guests, go the extra mile and whip up our homemade cream soda recipe – you won’t ever want to go back to store-bought versions.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cups water
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract (opt for a high-quality vanilla extract without artificial flavoring)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Plain soda water
How To Make:
- Heat the granulated sugar and water in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in your lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Allow the syrup to cool.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Mix 2 ounces of syrup into 8 ounces of soda water.
Ready for the next step? Become a professional bartender today
Join the best online bartending course and elevate your mixology skills to the next level. This comprehensive program, designed for aspiring bartenders, offers a dynamic learning experience with HD videos, interactive quizzes, and lifetime access. Enhance your bartending abilities and take your career to new heights with this one-of-a-kind course.