It’s every bartender’s goal to make the most delightful holiday-themed drinks. But what’s the secret to crafting tasty booze? Well, there is no shortcut. The only secret is learning how to make great drinks. With essential tools and some tips, you can make excellent cocktails this festive season.
There are thousands of mixed drinks and cocktails recipes you can choose for your next mix. The only challenge is that it takes some time to discover which ones are the best. That’s why we provide you with five incredible New Year’s drinks guaranteed to impress your friends and loved ones.
These New Year’s drink recipes are ideal for bartenders who want to try something different that will make them stand above the pack. Follow the steps carefully, and you are on your way to becoming the best mixologist your town has. Here are our 5 favorite new year’s drinks.
1. Holiday Punch Bowl
The Holiday Punch Bowl is one of the favorite drinks that people love to include in their New Year’s celebrations. The delicious drink is particularly suitable when you are busy but need something to serve guests in a short time. Preparing the drink is not technical, and the ingredients are within reach.
The good thing with making punch is that you can serve it in a variety of ways. Having options is nice because customers may prefer one flavor or spirit over others and may love to try new things.
You can make up to 3 or more punch bowls using whiskey, champagne, vodka, beer, or their mixtures.
- Pineapple juice
- Cranberry juice
- Orange juice
- Lemon-lime soda
- Fresh cranberries
- Orange slices
- In a large bowl, pour all the juices together.
- Add the lemon-lime soda and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Add about 12 ounces of vodka (suitable amount).
- Top with the fresh cranberries to garnish.
- Your Holiday Punch is ready to serve.
2. Louis XIII Snifter Cocktail
Cognac is an essential ingredient in any bar due to its great versatility. When you use the appropriate cognac, you can be sure to have something that will impress everyone. Louis XIII is the perfect reflection of the achievement of its manufacturer since its origin in 1874.
Something incredible about making this cocktail is that you don’t need a host of tools like when making bitters, tinctures, or concentrations. This cocktail needs just a few items, and you are ready to start the process. Here is what you need and how to create the Louis XIII Snifter Cocktail.
- Hot water
- Holy water
- 60 ml Martin Louis XIII
- Warm Remy Martin Louis 13 cognac.
- Add some Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac to a snifter glass.
- Add one drop of holy water and one drop of hot water.
- Stir well using a bar spoon.
- Snifter with gusto.
- Sip and smell.
- Ready to serve.
3. New Year’s Eggnog
You may not believe just how famous eggnog is during the Christmas and New Year season. It makes an excellent drink adored by many. It is yet another easy-to-prepare smooth drink to complete your New Year’s menu.
The addition of whipped egg whites gives it more texture. Egg whites transform the dense, rich drink into a refreshing, frothier one. The process of fixing a great New Year’s Eggnog is simple.
- Whole milk (3 cups (700ml)
- Heavy/thick or double cream (1 cup or 240ml)
- Five eggs
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- One bean pod vanilla that is split and without the seeds
- One freshly prepared ground nutmeg
- One nutmeg for garnish
- 130 gm of fine sugar sugar
- ½ Rum or use ½ cup bourbon
- In a bowl or stand mixer, combine the cream, cinnamon, vanilla seeds, and nutmeg.
- Place the mixture in a saucepan to heat over medium to low heat. Gradually add sugar and continue to stir.
- Add the egg yolks and beat them into this combination. Whisk in the milk slowly and carry on mixing until it is well combined and has a smooth texture.
- Add your choice of bourbon or rum and stir thoroughly but gently. Refrigerate overnight or for a more extended period of up to 3 days.
- Before you serve it, beat the egg whites in a large bowl so that they form soft peaks. Fold into eggnog until it is well combined.
- Garnish with fresh nutmeg and serve.
Boulevardier has its origins in the 1920s. An element that makes Boulevardier unique and famous is the ability to combine bitter, somewhat boozy, and sweet tastes all in one.
However, the outcome heavily depends on your choice of ingredients. If you get the right balance between the spirit and vermouth, then you have hit the perfect combination.
- Bourbon or rye
- Sweet vermouth
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass.
- Add ice and stir for 45-50 secs.
- Strain into a rocks glass, preferably over ice to chill it.
- Garnish with an orange or citrus peel over the top.
- Your Boulevardier is ready to serve.
5. Spiced Cranberry Sangria
It’s not always easy to fix a delicious, refreshing drink for a partying crowd. But a Spiced Cranberry Sangria offers you a quick solution. Whether you serve it hot or cold, it still brings out that fine, delicious taste for the happy moments.
What’s more, you can experiment with different ingredients as long as you keep the essential items on the list. Once you master the best way that your customers enjoy it, it will be just about adjusting the ratios of ingredients.
- Two cups cranberry juice
- One cup fresh orange juice
- One large orange
- Five cinnamon sticks
- Ten whole cloves
- ½ tablespoon ground allspice or allspice berries
- One cup of sugar
- Two cups red wine
- In a saucepan, pour cranberry juice, and orange juice.
- Peel off the orange rind into large stains and place them into the saucepan.
- Add the spices (cinnamon sticks, cloves, as well as the allspice berries.)
- Bring this mixture to a boil and stir the sugar until it dissolves. Allow simmering for about five minutes with the lid on.
- Allow mixture to cool off for 60 minutes. You can refrigerate to chill.
- Strain out the spices and the orange grind into a large container.
- Add red wine and stir.
- Your sangria is ready to serve.
New Year’s Drinks Conclusion
A refreshing drink makes a difference in your holiday celebrations. Featured in this post are some of the best drinks you can make in your bar this New Year. Mixing these impressive beverages will undoubtedly satisfy you for the accomplishment and the newly acquired skills.
Make sure to take your time as you go through this quick guide because every step is crucial to bring out a fantastic drink. If you do the mixing carefully, you’ll discover the joy of crafting great drinks. Nothing satisfies a bartender like a well-mixed drink, and you can do it.